Written by Laura Wrasman, Regional Publisher, Chicago Style Weddings
I was lucky enough to visit the brand new Royalton Suites Cancun Resort & Spa. It is a fabulous, newly built property with stunning views of the water. This resort offers full wedding amenities and makes a romantic honeymoon destination. Whether you like sun, fun, scuba, hiking, or discovering (or a combination of these!), this resort offers it all. I stayed on the Lucky 13th floor, so here’s 13 reasons why you should experience this resort!
- Upon arrival, I was whisked into a special room as I was informed I am part of the Diamond Club. The Diamond Club gives you access to exclusive amenities and upper level suite rooms with a private butler. I was given a wrist medallion, which became my key card for entry into my hotel suite. This truly was one of my favorite things, as I never had to remember to grab a key card or run to the lobby because I forgot mine! The color of the tie indicated which inclusivity level I was part of.
- I opened the door to my room and was in awe! The room was beautifully designed and the view was breathtaking. I truly was lucky to be on the 13th floor. The beds were the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in and I had the choice of four different pillow types! The room was equipped with Wi-Fi and charging stations, and even had a charging station inside the closet safe. Each room has its own private balcony, where we enjoyed the champagne that was waiting in our room for us upon arrival. We were lucky to be able to view a stunning sunrise from our balcony every morning.
- The hotel is very eco-friendly. Within the rooms, there are no paper menus—everything is accessible through the TV. You can order room service, as well as contact your personal butler! When you open the sliding glass door to the balcony, the air conditioning turns itself off to conserve resources.
- Outside, there’s water everywhere—beautiful pools and white sand beaches! The Royalton faces the ocean on one side and a lagoon on the other, so all rooms have water views.
- One of my favorite places was Level 18—the rooftop cabana lounge. With panoramic views of the most beautiful sight-lines in Cancun, this exclusive adults-only level features rooftop pools, elegant cabanas and modern dining. At night, the pulsing lights of the kaleidoscope bar make for a magical night club experience. The entertainment was terrific—fire jugglers, silk acrobatics and stilt-walking beauties made the night club come alive!
- As an avid work out girl, I was excited to hear about the Royalton Fit Club. I was able to take a boot camp class on the beach, workout in their well-equipped gym overlooking a white sand beach, make a fool out of myself in beach Zumba and get a great stretch during rooftop yoga. The instructors were first class and adjusted well for the participants’ different fitness levels.
- I was lucky enough to receive an aromatic massage at the Royal Spa. I’ve had many massages, but this one was amazing with the addition of five different aromatics throughout the massage. It was just awesome to the senses!
- Another offering in the spa that I had never experienced was hydrotherapy. The hydrotherapy pool was warm—not as warm as a hot tub—and had a very hard jets of water that focused on your head, back and shoulders. It was almost like getting a massage all over again.
- The Royalton Suites Cancun is an all-inclusive resort, so almost everything is included, with upgrades in some areas and the spa being an extra. All the amenities were first class and nothing felt watered down or skimped on.
- The food at the resort was outstanding. I’ve never seen such a wide variety of offerings both in their restaurants and their buffet. Three different restaurants offered a variety of fare, from Japanese to steak to seafood. The buffet was unlike any buffet I’ve ever seen, with chefs offering everything from custom egg dishes to omelette bars to smoothie stations—anything you yearned for you could have.
- The staff at the hotel was generous, friendly and very attentive. They were always where they needed to be, but were very non-invasive. We had a personal butler on the upper floors that we could contact at any time. They even brought special treats in the afternoon before dinner. They were always very helpful and willing to go the extra mile.
- There are many excursions available from the Royalton so you can see more of Cancun and the surrounding area. We went on a catamaran cruise to Isla Mujeres and made a stop to snorkel along the way. The water was beautifully clear and we saw schools of colorful fish and even a stingray in the waters. We had lunch on the island and enjoyed shopping in the fun boutiques and bargaining with the shop owners.
- By far, my favorite thing about this resort was how everything came together to make it such a romantic destination. The hotel, the beach, the rooftop and the food were so well done, and everything felt like it would be wonderful to share with just that right person. Along with honeymoons, the resort offers wedding packages. I can just imagine a ceremony on the beach, or even on the rooftop. Such beautiful backdrops!