This weekend, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will tie the knot, and it’s the perfect chance to round up your bridesmaids for a (jolly) good royal wedding viewing party! Break out those fascinators (a tiara for you, of course) and celebrate like a true Brit with these three classic English cocktails. Tea and crumpets are optional. All images belong to LBCO.
The Windsor Knot
- 1 ½ oz Bloom gin
- ½ oz orange liqueur
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz white cranberry juice
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 oz club soda
- Cucumber, sliced (for garnish)
Fill a wine goblet with ice. Add gin, orange liqueur, lemon juice, cranberry juice and cucumber slices. Stir to mix. Top with club soda. Garnish with cucumber slices.
- 1 ½ oz Portobello Road gin
- ½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz Whittard golden chamomile tea syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 to 3 oz Fever-Tree tonic water
- Mint sprig or 2 tsp silver dragees (edible cake decorating balls), for garnish
Chamomile Tea Syrup
Add 1 cup granulated sugar and 4 chamomile tea bags to a resealable, heatproof container. Pour in 1 cup boiling water. Stir until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool, remove tea bags. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1 cup for 8 servings.
Fill a wine glass with ice, add gin, lemon juice, chamomile tea syrup, and tonic. Stir gently to mix. Garnish with a mint sprig or gently add dragees.
G & TEA
- 1 ½ oz Sipsmith gin
- 1 tbsp Tiptree orange marmalade
- 1 oz Whittard Earl Grey tea, chilled
- Orange bitters
- Orange twist (for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add gin, orange marmalade, chilled Earl Grey tea, and bitters. Shake and pour into a rocks glass filled with ice. Add more ice and garnish with orange twist.