Using a travel agent can save you time + money. Not only does it reduce stress, but you’ll be able to learn what you want and find out information you might not otherwise know. Whether honeymooning locally or traveling abroad, these are some things couples need to consider ~
Call your credit card and ATM card company ahead of time and tell them you will be out of the country. Give a return date of 30 days after your return in case of slow charges. Know your ATM pin number. If you have a small limit on your ATM card, have them increase it for the length of the trip in case you need additional cash. Leave the phone numbers of your credit cards at home for someone, as well as bring a copy with you in case you have to report a lost or stolen card. If you are married and have 2 different credit cards, have each of you carry a different card.
Leave any credit cards, pictures, etc. from your wallet that you don’t need at home.
Avoid bringing $100 bills and bring new paper bills (you can go to your bank to get new bills). We suggest smaller bills for tips and small purchases.
Make 2 copies of your passport and leave one at home (or give to Cary Travel Express to keep), as well as take one with you separate from your Passport. This will make it easier if you need to replace a lost or stolen card. You can also take it a step further and bring extra Passport photos. Verify that your name on your tickets exactly matches your Passport. Make sure your date of birth has been given to the airlines for your flight. You need to have three blank pages available in your passport. Check the physical condition of your passport- tattered and worn passports may not be accepted at customs. Make sure that your passport is valid for 6 months after your return date of travel. *Passport cards are not acceptable!
Have all prescription medicines in your carry-on (not in your checked bag!). Your medicine should be in the original bottle; otherwise you should carry a doctor’s note or the original prescription.
Pack a change of clothing in your carry-on, so in case of a lost suitcase you will have something to wear until it is found. Also, mix and match clothes in your suitcases if traveling in a pair, that way if one suitcase is lost everyone still has something to wear.
● Bring a lock for your suitcase if doing a land tour. You cannot lock your bags when you check them, but can in a hotel.
● Stop the mail and paper and set up a light timer in your house.
● Carry Passports, money, credit cards, etc. in a neck wallet. Do not put them in a backpack, hanging purse or your back pocket.
● Carry-on liquids must be in a one-quart size bag and each item can’t be more than 3 ounces. Please check with your particular website for updated carry-on restrictions.
● Bring information and policy number of any travel insurance you have purchased.
● Don’t over pack! Airlines are very strict these days about baggage sizes and weight limits. Be familiar with your airlines carry on and checked bag regulations.
● Don’t pack the following items in your checked baggage: cash, jewelry, laptop computers, electronic or fragile items!
Have a wonderful and memorable trip!