For more information, email email@example.com or fill out the form to the right.
Our client is the leading wedding resource in the Chicagoland area. The company publishes an annual magazine that launches in July, with a supplemental edition added in January. In addition to the print component, CSW also maintains one of the largest wedding websites in the region. For more details, please visit www.chicagostyleweddings.com.
The overall responsibility of the account executive is the sale of advertising space (print and digital) to clients in a specific geographic territory, and the servicing of those accounts. In a typical week, the account executive will spend roughly 65% of their time in the office on the phone, and at least 35% of their time in the field meeting with clients by appointment. The account executive is also required to attend some local wedding and hospitality events, some of which could be in the evening or over the weekend.
The most important and essential skills necessary to hold the position are a strong work ethic and the ability to work the phones.
This position will cover some renewal business but will be primarily be focusing on new business development based out of the suburbs.
- Sell advertising space (print and digital) to current advertisers and solicit business from prospective and/or dormant accounts by:
- Extensive telephone prospecting and face-to-face appointments.
- Identifying clients’ marketing objectives, and presenting ways the magazine will help grow their businesses.
- Showing prospective clients how CSW favorably compares to the competition and other media.
- Provide ongoing assistance to accounts by offering customer service beyond the initial sale (i.e. up-selling, managing blast emails, adding web products, promoting events, etc.)
- Educate clients on how CSW’s editorial philosophy will further their marketing objectives.
- Use research, testimonials, and other client success stories to demonstrate how CSW’s products can help reach their target market.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate accounts of each client in CSW’s Salesforce database.
- Sales experience, advertising sales experience is a plus
- Proven success in closing business
- Expertise in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus
- Comfortable presenting to individuals and large groups
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients for continued business
- Must have transportation for face-to-face appointments, valid drivers license and state-approved car insurance
Compensation includes base salary, monthly bonus/commission, annual bonus and medical benefits. The position is based in Elk Grove Village and will cover a North/North West suburban territory.
This is a small, family-owned business that cares about their staff and offers excellent training and tools to help them succeed.
There is some flexibility to work from home, after the initial training period, approximately 3 months, if goals and budgets are being met.
Qualified candidates should contact Kelly Broz, firstname.lastname@example.org
ChicagoStyle Weddings is an EOE.