With engagement season coming to a close and wedding season starting, many couples start looking planning their perfect wedding! At Drury Lane Oakbrook, Director of Catering Kara Juknelis works with couples to plan their dream day, incorporating unique and individual touches to every event.
Here, Kara outlines the top trends she’s seeing as we head into 2016:
• DIY Weddings – With popular websites like Pinterest and Etsy, brides are starting to see it’s easy to create your own décor for the wedding. Kara’s advice: Pick one or two projects that you can complete to perfection. Starting too many projects is often overwhelming, especially when you’re the center of it all!
• Smaller, Intimate Weddings – More and more we see couples opting for a smaller wedding, spending the day with the people that matter most as opposed to 500 friends and family.
• Food Stations – Food Stations have picked up in popularity over the years and we don’t see it stopping anytime soon. It’s the perfect way for guests to try a variety of food, mingling and sampling in a more casual way.
• Brunch weddings – Drury Lane has had an influx of couples opting for a Sunday brunch wedding. Along with brunch being the most trendy meal right now, it’s also very cost-effective for couples and provides a very laid-back vibe.
• Soft Color Palettes – Blush and ivory wedding colors have been popular for some time, but I’ve seen many brides also add a pop of color—such as magenta or coral red—to make everything POP!
If you are interested in speaking with Kara regarding these tips, along with special wedding offerings and packages at Drury Lane Oakbrook, visit drurylane.com/weddings.